a gym membership in Elk River. Eat clean and stick to a nutrition plan. Try an alternative workout class. Reach your optimal weight.
We’ve all been there. It’s a new start, and we make individual resolutions. Then we quit in just a few weeks. Why does this occur?
1. Make Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a strict intention to do or not do a behavior. Consequently, they’re absolute and might be discouraging.
Goals are a target of your drive, an aspiration or a favorable effect. They appear less scary—and more achieveable.
What if you approach this year with the attitude of setting attainable goals, as opposed to setting intimidating resolutions? Reevaluating your thought process and being more forgiving to yourself is a start toward improvement.
2. Create SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for 2020 might include:
- Professional—receiving a new title at your job.
- Health—having a strength training workout.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve created your goals, how do you keep dedicated to reaching them?
SMART goals energize you to reach milestones and recognize victories during the process.
How Do You Create a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They are clear but not overwhelming.
Personal SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before sleeping every night this week.
- Consume veggies at all meals this week.
- Walk after dinner daily this week.
Making SMART goals will prevent you from being overpowered by what you want to do.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Friend
Be certain to reveal your goals to someone! Using an accountability partner can help you in keeping with your goal during the process.
4. Claim Your Free Week at FXB Elk River
Prepared to finally meet your fitness goals today?
Creating (and achieving) goals is merely one piece of the healthy lifestyle we develop at Farrell's Elk River. Sign up for a free week and find out how we can help you reach your goals.